It is finally that time of the year! Although we could not physically gather anywhere after 2019, we did gather virtually in many events, and also during the weekly GIG team calls. We know the reality of meeting online is not exactly what we want – but we’re also preparing to meet again physically in 2022 ! Still, this year’s DOTS – our annual gathering – will need to take place virtually .
DOTS will be more focused this year on our network and organisation. With this, we invite you to save the date for the DOTS week (November 26-30) and to participate and arrange sessions. Leading up to this, we shall offer several info sessions about board members roles, GIG governance and the general assembly.
The agenda for DOTS:
- 26th | 13.00 – 15.30 CET: General Assembly Meeting The General Assembly is the central decision-making organ of GIG e.V. the NGO which forms the legal body of the GIG Network.
- 27th | 13.00 – 15.00 CET: GIG Collaborative Outlook Generation (or longer, if you want to spend more time together on our cooking session) During this session, we want to (cook and) dive deeper into projects, proposals and plans for 2022 with the new board members and the whole network \o/
- 29th – Project´s workshops:
- 13.00 – 14.30 CET: Open Education
- 14.00 – 14.30 CET: Dance break
- 15.00 – 16.30 CET: Open Science
- 30th – Project´s workshops:
- 13.00 – 14.30 CET: Sustainable Making,
- 14.30 – 15.00 CET: Dance break
- 15.00 – 16.30 CET: Open Healthcare
If you want to suggest further workshops, you can reply email email@example.com
While the General Assembly is a formal requirement for the NGO and therefore has to follow a strict agenda, the other sessions will be essential to share and co-design with all members next year´s projects:
- Careables – Open Hardware for Healthcare & Smart Health Clinics;
- CoAct – Citizen Social Science;
- Critical Making – Education, gender diversity & openness in maker communities;
- The brand new mAkE – African European Maker Innovation Ecosystem, our new Horizon funded initiative that excites us so much!
- Fundraising opportunities for all the members and their hubs
It is an opportunity so we can involve as many members as possible in the projects. DOTS 2021, even online, will be the best opportunity to foster our network in preparation for the important hugs to come in 2022! We look forward to seeing you there!