Hivos will provide the following two type of grants:
1. Knowledge exchange grants
This type of grant will be awarded to candidates who want to benefit from each other’s expertise and/or experience.
- A maker space in country A visits a creative hub in country B to help them with 3D technology.
- A creative hub in country A visits an ICT space in country B to learn about their financial sustainability model.
- Space A sends a staff member to space B to learn about community outreach and space B sends a staff member to space A in return to learn about marketing or monetization of creative content.
Grants within this category have a value of 1.000 – 5.000 EUR.
2. Collaborative projects grants
This type of grant will be awarded to candidates who want to undertake a joint project.
- Art spaces from countries A, B, and C organize a joint art exhibition or music festival.
- Tech hubs A and B create an innovative product together.
- Coworking spaces from countries A, B, C and D work together to come up with an innovative collaboration between coworking communities throughout Africa.
Grants within this category have a value of 10.000 – 20.000 EUR.
The total amount of grants awarded for the knowledge exchange and the collaborative projects is 60.000 euros.