- This event has passed.
CRITICAL MAKING mentoring kick-off & workshop on “Make Things That Make Sense” with Saad Chinoy
7 September 2022 @ 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
How can you advance your product innovation based on openness and critical thinking?
We are inviting makers & innovators globally to take part in the journey towards shaping a sustainable future of making.
During the last months we have co-designed, conceptualized, invited, wrote, spoke, managed, … with and for you all a Critical Making mentoring programme to take a deep dive into the principles that informed the creating of this project:
- Make Things That Make Sense: Create products and solutions that solve fundamental, real-world problems.
- Share How You Make: Develop a set of guidelines that provide a framework for openly documenting everything about the making of the project.
- Include Ecosystem Services: Aim to give back more than you take from the environment and include accounting practices that value the natural resources used.
- Integrate Local Knowledge: Build from within the community by working with local practices, materials and traditional resources.
- Build for Continuity: Design for the present and future; build social capacity, & aim for financial self sufficiency.
We found wonderful teachers for each principles, each leading organisations that value these principles deeply and work each day to create long lasting positive impact. See them all here: Meet the Critical Making Teachers
Now, we’re finally and publicly kicking-off our programme!
📆 Save the date:
Wednesday, September, 7th, at 12pm UTC for approx. 90 minutes (starting 8pm Singapore, 3pm EAT, 9am Brazil).
Please register here to join and stay informed: Registration Form at the Global Innovation Gathering
There we want to celebrate the participants of the 2022 Cohort and their projects, introduce you to the team, the mentors and the upcoming process.
Then Saad Chinoy will share with the first teaching session titled “Make things that make sense”.